The Student Involvement and Leadership Center serves the University of Kansas community as advocates, advisors, and educators for students and student organizations by providing various services, programs, and experiences to create and foster involvement and leadership opportunities that enhance professional, personal, and educational development in preparation to become contributing citizens of a diverse society.
Guided by a commitment to excellence, The Student Involvement & Leadership Center prepares students for leadership and service through instructional programs and co-curricular activities that:
- Promote connection and retention opportunities;
- Provide for leadership, service, personal growth, and values;
- Develop students' civic leadership skills;
- Cultivate the personal attributes of self-confidence, ethical behavior, a global perspective, and a commitment to social justice;
- Develop skills in the use of non-violent strategies to manage diversity among fellow students.
- Foster a better understanding and celebration of diversity.